Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My First Tomato

It finally happened! Over the weekend my tomato ripened. Technically speaking, a different tomato ripened and then exploded first - but we'll just ignore that and revel in the beauty of my first tomato (that I picked). It's small. Imperfect skin. A little hard. But I love it unconditionally.

I love it so much I was inspired to write a haiku:

You are my first one
Sun and water made you real
Apple of my eye

Okay, that was a bit hokey and dramatic. Here's something a little more lighthearted:

Three months of water
Like watching a pot boiling
Tell your friends, Ripen!

2 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

YEAH! What a lovely red.

Paulie said...

I loved reading your post and laughed so hard at your haikus. I understand about the tomato situation tho.