Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wayfaring Wednesday



It's that time of the week - injecting a little geographic exploration into an otherwise sedentary life.

For this week, I'm going to ask the readers out there to tell me the wackiest place they've ever been (And if I can figure out that link thing too I'll start including that).

What is it? Tell me the wackiest place you've ever been. Think broadly - maybe the NYC subway in the 70's, Florida in a snowstorm, France during a rail strike (oh wait, that's normal)...


To get you started here are a few of mine:

1. The Home of Dum Dum Pops and Etch-A-Sketch
2. Guantanamo Bay
3. The Palace of the King of Pobe

More on each of these in later posts.

Inquiring minds want to know...

5 comments:

Jen said...

a camp for clown-training in Anapa, Russia

various parts of the country on a U.S./Soviet peace walk, where the U.S. participants were peace activists and the Soviet participants were, for the most part, party apparatchiks who wanted to stop at every shopping mall they saw.

a duck farm in Oregon

I'm sure I can come up with other places...

Flower Child said...

That is hysterical! I have this vision of happy clowns juxtaposed with dour party officials. Too funny!

You're going to have to do blog entry on your Russian adventures sometime! Maybe several posts.

Anonymous said...

a circus training camp in NC learning how to tight rope walk

A Fugazi concert in a field in the middle of no where Italy. I was the only English speaker there. (In case you don't know, Fugazi is a pretty obscure DC based hard core garage band)

swimming in the Thames river before dawn on May Day morning.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the first three to come to mind.

I hope you do a post on each of those wacky places... FlashBack Friday is a good venue for that. :D

(is that too blatant of a hint? probably. lol)

Flower Child said...

These are awesome! Particularly curious about the Thames as I imagine it's quite cold that time of year.

I may do Flashback Friday - but Wednesday seems the best day for getting my sh*t together. Perhaps I can cross post.

Anonymous said...

haha. I never get my sh*t together on Thursdays. Tuesday is the only day I have time to really compose a post... so I write Friday's flashback then.

Yes, the Thames is cold in May before dawn, but it is an Oxford ritual. I'll get around to posting about it some Friday, I promise. :)