Monday, April 14, 2008

With All of My Tart


This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.

***********************************************************

I spent the weekend baking. HEAVEN.

I love nothing more than baking. Pie crusts excite me. Lemon curd makes my heart soar.

I don't know if there is a song about how much one can love baking. But I did find a Monty Python (LOVE them too!) song about rhubarb tarts. So, sing along, and check out my goodies.

I want another slice of rhubarb tart.
I want another lovely slice.
I'm not disparaging the blueberry pie
But rhubarb tart is oh so very nice.
A rhubarb what? A rhubarb tart!
A whatbarb tart? A rhubarb tart!
I want another slice of rhubarb tart!

Blueberry Muffins and Pain Aux Raisins

The principles of modern philosophy
Were postulated by Descartes.
Discarding everything he wasn't certain of
He said 'I think therefore I am a rhubarb tart.'
A rhubarb what? A rhubarb tart!
A Rene who? Rene Descartes!
Poor nut he thought he was a rhubarb tart!

Lemon Curd Tart with Swiss Meringue & Fruit Tart with Pastry Cream

Read all the existentialist philosophers,
Like Schopenhauer and Jean-Paul Sartre.
Even Martin Heidegger agrees on one thing:
Eternal happiness is rhubarb tart.
A rhubarb what? A rhubarb tart!
A Jean-Paul who? A Jean-Paul Sartre!
Eternal happiness is rhubarb tart.


Parisienne style Brioche

A rhubarb tart has fascinated all the poets.
Especially the immortal bard.
He caused Richard the Third to call on Bosworth Field:
'My kingdom for a slice of rhubarb tart!'
A rhubarb what? A rhubarb bard!
Immortal what? Immortal tart!
As rhymes go that is really pretty bard!

Vanilla Sponge Cake with Lemon Curd and Italian Meringue Buttercream Frosting

6 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

Only YOU can combine baking, Monty Python and Music Monday so flawlessly.

Have I told you lately that you are brilliant?

Jen said...

My GOODNESS, Flower Child, are you vying for a spot at Charm City Cakes? Wowee! Great looking stuff... and my DH would love your song choice - he's both a huge rhubarb and Python fan. Fabulous post!

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, darling, that is all divine.
I can't decide which made me grin more, the witty lyrics of MP or your fabulous creations! (Actually had to stop grinning at one point so the drooling over the goodies wouldn't slip out and run down my chin.)
Great post!

Korie said...

oh....oooh my goodness that all looks so good! And great song choice. Gotta love Monty Python.

janey jay said...

Monty Python! Baking! Music!

Three great things that go great together. Fabulous.

Luisa Perkins said...

Holy Freaking Cow! I'm now drooling all over my keyboard.