Monday, June 30, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane




This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.



***********************************************************

I'm sure I've written about this song - as I know I have written about John Denver. I'm off today for another trip. That will be 8 flights in 14 days. Just super for someone who's afraid of flying!

They say John Denver wrote this song while on a layover in Washington (must have been Dulles - no one connects through National).

All the more fitting since that is my city of departure and return.

4 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

John Denver wrote this? I grew up hearing a version that a woman sang (can't remember who). Wow. Makes me sad to think he is gone.

Fly safe dear friend. And thanks for being a die-hard Monday player.

Jen said...

I always forget that John Denver wrote this. I guess it's the Peter, Paul and Mary version that so many folks think of.

Have a safe trip. I don't think I'd love all that travel. In fact, I know I wouldn't!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I so so love John Denver and this is one of my favorites!

God...I'd be singing this song the whole day...

Happy Monday!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

And...have a safe trip!