Friday, January 02, 2009

Resolutions

Every year I earnestly try to come up with a good New Year's resolution. Knowing that the odds of failure are pretty high with these things I try and come up with ones that are do-able (no, dieting and exercise don't count!) and that will have a meaningful impact on my life, and which are to a very large degree under my control (no, meeting Mr. Right is not under my control - or at least it wasn't).

The only resolution I can remember from past years was to iron my clothes more. I suppose the reason I remember it is because I actually did it. I looked neater and I had more clothing options. Then I discovered non-iron shirts and a wonderful cleaning woman and well... keeping that resolution hasn't been so tough.

I'm mulling over this year's options and have had a few suggestions from other people:

1. write more thank you's on paper - and mail them. how wonderful to get an email but even more wonderful to get a surprise in the mailbox on something pretty

2. read more, print less. isn't the point of email to reduce our paper consumption? a bit against resolution #1 but not so much

3. read more. would love to do this and have generally succeeded in the past - at least for the first few months. then I lose track. I couldn't tell you how much I read this past year and if it was more than the year before. quality is uneven too :)

I think I'm settling on a resolution - eat more superfoods. or eat them several times a week. In answer to a friend's question - that also means eating less of not-so-superfoods. Dieting that involves eating. Yep, that's my resolution this year.

1 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

I just decided not to come up with anything.

You are correct about thank you notes. The kids' thank you notes got huge thank yous (yes, it is getting repetitive) from the recipients.