Monday, December 22, 2008

Elf's Lament



This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.

****************************************************
Despite my best intentions, I did not watch all the claymation I could - in fact, I saw none! Somehow I missed out this year. So frustrating. It's not that I love Christmas specials (believe me, I don't) - but there's just something about those felt puppets and the jerky way they walk. I used to watch Davy & Goliath every Sunday just for that reason - who knew what the lesson was - I loved that dog and the fake grass in their backyard.

The other night I came home, yet again disappointed to miss my favorites - but lucky enough to catch a movie with a real live elf - Elf in fact. Despite being a hokey Christmas movie it's got some pretty hilarious scenes.

Poor Buddy.

In the spirit of poor big Buddy and also the anti-labor union sentiment in the White House and among Republican members of Congress (grrrr...) I bring you Elf's Lament.

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love this song. And I haven't forgotten your request... I've just been running around like a fiend the past couple of days.

soccer mom in denial said...

That's a great song! BNL's definitely has a good spin on holiday tunes.

I missed all the holiday specials too - except hubby got The Christmas Story for all of us to watch last Friday. Did you know that was a movie about swearing and sex? Yes, now one of my kids has figured out f*ck. "Mom? What was the word that they were saying instead of fudge?"

Stupid f*cking holiday special....