Monday, December 01, 2008

Living with HIV



This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.

****************************************************

I am embarrassed to say that I had totally forgotten it was World AIDS Day. Truth be told, I didn't TOTALLY forget - it just took me a few hours. Considering what I do for a living you'd think I would have had it foremost in my brain. Cut me some slack, every day is world AIDS day for me!

The US Government's theme this year (because for whatever reason we can't seem to agree with UNAIDS...) is "Celebrate Life". I'm not a big fan of the motto (too close to pro-life for me) - but the underlying theme is living positively. I can get behind that.

It was not too long ago that we didn't talk about people living with HIV. And now we can.

Congratulations, Andy Bell - you are LIVING.

3 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

Oh you did this on purpose! You know I cried when I found out he was positive. But you are right - he is really living.

And thank you so much for making every day World AIDS Day in your work. Thank goodness one of us stuck with our Masters training.

Jen said...

Wonderful reminder, FC. That's where focus needs to be, along with prevention.

Flower Child said...

Yes! Prevention! Goodness knows that hasn't gotten any attention the past 8+ years.