Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I *heart* Connie Schultz

On a recent trip I managed to polish off Connie Schultz's book "Life Happens and Other Unavoidable Truths" and was so sad to put it down.

A couple of years ago I read "And His Lovely Wife..." which I guess was out of order. No matter. Absolutely worth reading.

As the lovely wife - and truly lovely, no matter what writers say about her hair - of the esteemed Sherrod Brown, Senator for Ohio - she is all that and more.

Her take on everyday life and the struggles and triumphs of the working class make you want to move to Ohio and do whatever you can to improve people's lives.

Did I mention that through a Pulitzer-prize winning series she wrote on a wrongly - VERY wrongly - convicted man that he was set free! The column on how he forgave the real criminal just made me cry.

At the same time she had me bawling about the released man I was bawling about her cat.

and Sherrod is just my hero. Cute to boot. Loves girl scout cookies.

I'm hoping to meet them some day. Hoping that when I do I don't make a total fool of myself blubbering about how much I would love to be their best friend. Probably think I was a psycho.


I heart Connie. and Sherrod.

1 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

Awwwwww...... I need to read up on her.

And she would be lucky to be your friend. I am.