Sunday, October 28, 2007

What Are You Running To?


I recently took up running. It's hard but I'm getting the hang of it. One foot in front of the other... I am now up to 3 miles 3 times per week! That's a huge accomplishment for someone who a couple of months ago spent far too much time on her couch. In anticipation of someday running outside in the real world I have recently just added hills to my treadmill routine - great for the butt!

To keep me from being utterly bored and also to keep my pace up (can't take 3 hours to run those 3 miles) I put together a playlist on my iPod. Peppy stuff like New Order, The Cure and English Beat. The playlist is good but it needs some work. To support my newfound exercise habit my dear friend Aparna sent me a fantastic mix - everything from Jessica Simpson to Kanye West - truly inspirational (if not a bit cheesy)!

Now it's your turn! In the spirit of the birthday CD I am asking for ideas for songs to add. Stuff that keeps you going, livens you up, makes you feel like you can run forever!

One day perhaps I will even run the Marine Corps Marathon - think I need a lobotomy first.

4 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

Go find that crazy list of songs Aimee posted on my site last month. She's got nearly 150 songs listed.

Off the top of my head:

Prince - Little Red Corvette
Erasure - anything!!
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
Janet Jackson - Love will Never Do without You {I just LOVE that song!!}
Eurythmics - Right by Your Side
Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy
Madonna - Music (that'll get your little tush grooving)

soccer mom in denial said...

Oh, and I don't run. Ever.

soccer mom in denial said...

And congrats on your running. That is awesome. Not enough to get me to do it but still - it is WICKED awesome.

Flower Child said...

SMID - thanks for the suggestions! Always looking for new songs.

You have three children. You run all the time.