Monday, May 12, 2008

Dance Moves


This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.

***********************************************************

My calves hurt.

Friday night some friends came over and, after much wine, we put on 80's music. Both I and our friend (the husband in this couple) live in households where our music isn't always played so much. We suffer in silence...

But not Friday night. Somehow we won out and the tunes started playing. And then we started dancing. Mostly bouncing. Because if you remember the following songs, you remember that the main dance move is just bouncing up and down. Mostly with your arms at your side and your head bopping back and forth. Sometimes you gesture with your arms along with the music.

Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
I Melt With You - Modern English
Our House - Madness
Mirror in the Bathroom - English Beat
Friday I'm in Love - The Cure



Lots of bouncing up and down. Just like the high school dance.



5 comments:

Jen said...

What fun! And I listen to The English Beat all the time when I cook, so I can practically sing "Mirror in the Bathroom" with each pause and phrasing. ;-)

It's good music for chopping as well as bopping!

Meg said...

I personally think we need more bouncing up and down in the world.

Fun song! I saw the English Beat two years ago at a local outdoor festival. I think plants are into them as well.

janey jay said...

Fab playlist. And that bouncing dance move you describe is one I perfected in college -- not only to match the beat, but so I could also dance and not spill my beer. Which was very important.

Anonymous said...

OOOhhh. I had a Satruday night like that not too long ago. They really do wonders for the soul.

How are those calves feeling now? lol

Korie said...

The Cure! Gotta love the Cure;