Monday, May 05, 2008

Just Can't Get Enough


This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.

***********************************************************

We just got a new Harris Teeter in our neighborhood. For where we live this is a very BIG deal. Our choices up until now have been some pretty lousy Safeways - all the no-carb cake you can eat. And a Whole Foods - for when I want to empty the bank account. I don't totally hate these other stores - it's just that when you live in a good neighborhood in a major city, having healthy food choices that don't bankrupt you is nice. Don't get me started on how ill served poorer areas of the city are.

On Saturday, I was in HT in the produce section amazed at my choices. And then I heard it, like a voice from Heaven...

Depeche Mode. Seriously. On their music system.

I don't need to shop anywhere else.

*******************************

And check me out on Looking Into. Photos from sunny Miami.

7 comments:

Meg said...

I would have so been dancing in the aisles! Great choice. Check mine out--it's my first time.

soccer mom in denial said...

And one written by Vince Clark! How come the HT that I go to in NC doesn't play THAT?!?!?! We may have to spend our two-week vacation in your apartment.

Hey? Did you check out the amazing photographer who is visiting at Looking Into all this week? She is stellar!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAH! Nice music for a bit of shopping. Gotta love it.

off to check out your Miami photos.

Anonymous said...

ack... the link to my new blog isn't working via comments....

I'm now at 42.gibkeeg.com

janey jay said...

That would have totally sealed the shopping deal for me as well.

Love HT -- don't have them in my neck of the woods. Their cheese straws are to die for...

Anonymous said...

Saw your lifeguard stand and now your Kent...wonderful photography!

Jen said...

LOVE this song! And we call Whole Foods "Whole Paycheck" out here.

And was that your glorious photo on Looking Into? I LOVED it!!!