Monday, September 01, 2008

Democratic Soundtrack

A few weeks ago, I asked for help in putting together a soundtrack for the weeks to come. I had the incredible fortune to attend the Democratic National Convention last week - and as luck would have it, I found my soundtrack. Along with the incredible speeches I heard last week, I also heard some amazing music.

Here it is - a week of exhilaration in a playlist:

God Bless America - Melissa Etheridge
The Times They Are A Changing - Melissa Etheridge
Give Peace A Chance - Melissa Etheridge
Born in the USA - Melissa Etheridge
The National Anthem - Jennifer Hudson
Yes We Can - will.i.am and John Legend
A Change Would Do You Good - Sheryl Crow
Out of Our Heads - Sheryl Crow
Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder
America, the Beautiful - Michael McDonald

2 comments:

Jen said...

You have no idea how grateful I am for this list. I kept hearing all that great music and hoped someone would keep some track of it.

Jenn said...

You have to add 'Love Train' by the O'Jays! They played that after Hillary got them to stop the roll call and nominate Obama by acclamation! I was dancing and crying at the same time!