Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Kiss Them!


I came home today to this in my mailbox. Not only does it indicate that spring is a mere 6 weeks away, it shows last night's primary results.

I'm not going to promote one or the other - they are both clearly liked by a number of states and voters. In fact, one won more states, one won more delegates. Reminders of 2000.

Alas, I was not part of yesterday's frenzy - that is next week - but my family was! My dad tried to caucus in his new hometown but hadn't registered in time - but he really did try! And as luck would have it, the polling place was his favorite bookstore. Gotta love that.

My sister, brother, and mother all voted in the first ever global primary. Not sure how many delegates that is and who exactly those people are. And if any of them count. No matter, they voted! Kiss them!



Super Tuesday in Jakarta

(notice there are more cameras than voters)


2 comments:

Jen said...

That is so cool! I may get to caucus for the first time, because MI *might* be holding Democratic caucuses as a compromise so that they can have delegates seated in July.

Jenn said...

FYI - The Global primary is sending 22 delegates to the Democratic convention, each with a half a vote for a total of 11 votes. So yes, we count!