Monday, February 18, 2008

Lucha VaVoom!


This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.


***********************************************************

We just got back from LA where we hit both the high and low cultural points of this town.

For Valentine's day my husband and I joined my little brother and his girlfriend for Lucha VaVoom! A combination of Mexican masked wrestling and burlesque, this show was outstanding in its acrobatics and colorfulness. Wrestlers dressed as chickens and nurses, women (and sometimes men) performing denuding feats that only years of wasted time could produce. Truly astonishing. A memorable performance all around. And some heart-racing music played at full volume.

I leave you with this short clip of the night's festivities...


More on Lucha VaVoom! and other highlights later this week...


5 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, this is definitely the weirdest Music Monday post I've seen today. ;-)

My son's erudite comment on this was wtf?

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Hahaha! Now I'm puzzled! LOL

Anonymous said...

Are those chickens?

Fourier Analyst said...

What fun!! Can't wait for more!!

soccer mom in denial said...

Woo-hoo!!