Monday, July 07, 2008

Oh Goodness




This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.



***********************************************************

This weekend my husband and I bought the Star Wars trilogy. The ORIGINAL trilogy - the one that has now been renamed Epsisodes IV, V and VI even though they are really 1, 2, and 3.

Flipping through the channels we occasionally stumble upon the airing of one of these three episodes and watch it until the end. The opportunity came up this weekend to patronize our local music and video store so we jumped at the chance to finally own the movies we so often re-watch.

Tonight we threw in Episode I or IV - AKA Star Wars. After years of knowing my husband, I did not know that he could quote the movie VERBATIM. What a shock.

So now when I hear this theme song, I'm reminded that I married one of the truly geekiest - and LOVABLE - men on the planet...

2 comments:

Jen said...

I just love John Williams, period. Because I am a geeky geek-geek. ;-)

soccer mom in denial said...

I don't like that conductor. For a professional orchestra he was WAAAAY to showey for my tastes.

However, that is truly one of my favorite songs from middle school band. We had an outdoor performance and our band director disappeared before the Star Wars finale. He returned dressed in full Darth Vadar gear. But he conducted us in a very subtle, non-showey manner. While dressed as Darth Vadar.