Monday, July 28, 2008

The Plucky Stuff



This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.

***********************************************************

Several years ago I went to a concert with my (yet to be) husband. On the program was the Ravel String Quartet in F Major. I was completely entranced by this piece. After the concert I said to my (yet to be) husband - "that sounded like something from a movie" which is to say I liked it, I REALLY liked it. The second movement had this wonderful vitality and eeriness.

Recently I went to a concert in a small (tiny tiny) French village with my sister. On the program were a Dvorak piece and a Brahms piece. Afterwards I asked my sister what she thought and she said "I like the plucky stuff". Exactly! That's what I like too - exactly what I heard in that Ravel piece years ago.

So here it is - pizzicato - aka "the plucky stuff"




Ravel String Quartet in F Major - 2nd movement "Assez Vif; Tres Rythme"
performed by the Hagen String Quartet

1 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

Your (now) husband must die when you call it "the plucky stuff". Thanks for playing along.