Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Cried, I Cried

The most amazing night so far has been Monday night when we witnessed one of the most powerful moments in a Democratic Convention.

Any politics aside, Ted Kennedy's speech was nothing short of extraordinary. Here is a man who is fighting for his life and he gave every ounce of energy to not only be there - but to speak. As we waited for him to come out we noticed some crew putting a stool next to the podium. Would he need to sit? Would he even be able to walk?

A few moments later we had our answer - he hobbled out in that same way he has been doing for years. No assistance required on the loving arm of his wife. I was crying before he even walked out and by the end of it I was cheering louder than I ever have.

His wish is to see inauguration day. I could wish for nothing more.

Go Teddy Go!

1 comments:

Jen said...

It's so weird. I saw your hat post first. I was going to ask you if you cried during Teddy's speech. I did. I did through Michelle's too.

I missed Hillary's - I have to catch it via a news clip.