Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Had a Dream...

I suppose every young girl dreams of spending a day at the ballpark with her dad. Or maybe having him walk her down the aisle.

I had a dream about going to the Democratic National Convention with my dad.

For months preceding the big event my husband and I scrambled for tickets. We contacted everyone we knew, and heading off to Denver, it was unclear that we would be able to attend any event.

Every morning was a scramble to find entrance into anything.

Wednesday night, our moment finally came. We had managed to secure floor passes for Joe Biden's acceptance speech. As the senior Senator from Delaware spoke, the senior citizen son of Delaware screamed and cheered and waved his poster on the floor of the convention.

It was a dream come true.

1 comments:

Jen said...

That's so cool. And I've become a HUGE fan of Joe Biden.