Monday, August 04, 2008

Some Positive Affirmation



This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.

***********************************************************

I had one of those weeks at work where I thought I was going to get fired several times. Not having actually done anything wrong, but feeling under attack.

A book I'm reading right now about how to deal with difficult co-workers recommends releasing physical stress through exercise - walk your dog, take deep breaths, go for a run. As a matter of fact, they recommend running a lot. To the point where you wonder where people who are under such stress find the time. But I digress.

On Friday I was walking to a meeting I really dreaded. Just had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I pored through my iPod looking for something to calm me down. Tried slow stuff. Listened to tracks for my fear of flying (nice guy talking in a sweet voice). Hmmmm, somehow listening to someone talk about plane crashes wasn't really helping.

I finally gave up on the soothing stuff and decided on something to get my positive energy up.

Gotta love these women.




The meeting went well. Stood my ground and was surprisingly polite and composed. I'm very happy with my performance.

2 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

I. Just. LOVE. Them.

The movie about making this album was awesome.

Good luck at work darling.

Jen said...

I've listened to this album so many times I'm surprised it can still fire up.

What a great choice for going into your meeting.

I hope you have a much, much better week this week.