Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm Ready for My Close Up

As at any big, national, history-making extravaganza you're likely to run into a few celebrities.

In Washington, our celebrities tend to be of the political type - politicians and pundits anyone would be very hard pressed to pick out of a line up (but sometimes seen in a perp walk.)

On this trip I managed to run into/sight the following inside-the-beltway types:

TV: Wolf Blitzer, Katie Couric, Bob Schieffer, Luke Russert
Pundits: Paul Begala, James Carville
Politicians: Jack Reed, Chris Dodd, the governor of Iowa (who is incredibly nice and who I kept meeting and shaking his hand - and no I wasn't stalking him), Howard Dean, Sheldon Whitehouse (how's that for an auspicious name)...and others too numerous to count

But for the rest of you out there in the real world, I have a few others on my list who are probably a bit more exciting.

The guys from the Daily Show - Aasif Mandvi, Rob Riggles, and Larry Wilmore, the Black Correspondent.



Melissa Etheridge on stage singing the best American medley I have ever heard



And my favorite candidate for Senator for Minnesota, Al Franken.



Wow!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Okay. I'm going to stop reading this blog. Right. Now.

I'm having a jealousy meltdown.

Seriously.

Yours from the woman in Michigan who's hand feeding cucumbers to sick guinea pigs and fixing broken wells and buying back-to-school supplies.