Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Would You Trust This Man?



I just got a new job (yay!) - sort of. As with any number of jobs in DC, you first have to go through a security clearance. I've been through this before as has my husband so it's no big deal - I'll pass. Unfortunately, I can't even enter the building until the temporary clearance comes through - it will be several weeks. Ugh.

Here's the thing - they want info on my family - particularly my stepfather (the dashing guy above) and his children. My stepmother is of little interest, if any. What makes the man in the kilt so fascinating is that he's a foreign national. British citizen. Allegiance to the Queen and all.

They're probably checking this blog so be careful what you say. I tend to think if I send them a photo of the kilt they'll speed up my clearance. I bet Gunfighter would back me up on this.

5 comments:

Alex Elliot said...

I'll have to show this picture to my son tomorrow morning. He's very into the idea of kilts right now!

Jen said...

Well, he sure looks dapper!

soccer mom in denial said...

Having met the man the day this photo was taken, along with his offsprings, I have to say they will be begging you to take the job!

Aside from one of your step-brother(-in-law maybe?) being upset that Bob the Builder had an American accent. He would not stop talking about that one.

Wholly Burble said...

A man in a kilt has very little to hide--I'd trust him!

As jen said, "very dapper!"

Gunfighter said...

A man in a kilt is a man and a half.

As for your comments about security clearances... all I can say is amen!