Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dear John

This is a post about my hairdresser John whom I am visiting today. I love my hairdresser.

Let me tell you why:

1. When I was debating whether or not to go on a first date with this guy he said I should do it - and give it several dates. Told me to give it a chance because you never know. Yep, I married the guy.

2. When he saw my mom for the first time after she finished radiation therapy (she flies transatlantic for his haircuts) and found out she had cancer, he just about fell on the floor. Then picked himself up and said to her, "you've got so much hair, we've got nothing to worry about."

3. When he and his partner wanted to adopt a child from John's home country of Vietnam, they adopted twins - because twins are harder to place together. He wheels them around Capitol Hill wearing onesies that say "Bush is Poopy".

If I were bald I would still go to him every 6 weeks. Just so we could visit.

3 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

I have a friend who adopted twins as well. Kudos to your hairdresser.

And I LOVE his politics. My brother keeps wanting to get my daughter the "Bush is a poppy head" shirt. I couldn't deal with the potty-talk by the older kids so I vetoed that one.

Refinnej said...

Hi there,

Just a quick comment to let you know you've been randomly tagged for a meme!

Refinnej

Jen said...

I think I'll have to hit D.C. just for a haircut. He sounds like the coolest, ever. Tell him he has a fan club!