Thursday, November 15, 2007

Praying for Rain

Life around here lately has been a bit odd. It's been raining. Nearly every day or so it seems. When you go several months without rain and your poor plants are endlessly thirsty despite your constant watering, you really notice it when it rains. I'm not sure I could live in Seattle, but I sure am appreciating all this water, albeit a bit late.

It got me thinking about other people who have had issues with water lately. The Governor of Georgia recently led a public prayer session for rain. Maybe he should pray for this administration to do something about climate change.

Here's one of my favorite Sesame Street episodes on the virtues of rain according to Oscar the Grouch and Bob:




***********************************************************
For a story about too much water check out my sister's website -- she has a stirring video from Aceh, Indonesia, a place which suffered horribly from the tsunami of December 26, 2004.

1 comments:

Wholly Burble said...

Ah, I enjoyed Oscar and Bob's song. Since my kids are grown, I don't get to hear the Sesame Street song hits anymore.

This whole year has been very odd weather-wise, and according to those who claim to know, this "odd" quite possibly is going to become our "regular"--hum, the times they are a changing.