Friday, January 11, 2008

The Dog Ate My Book Report



Oh, I'm having 4th grade nightmares all over again. We had to record the number of books we read and our totals were posted prominently on the wall. Despite being the best speller in the class, I didn't do speed reading. I've never excelled at reading "competitions". I just read whatever, wherever, whenever.

I could peruse an atlas for hours, go through hundreds of National Geographic magazines, pour through volumes of recipes - but ask me to count the number of books I read and I just fall short.

And now with Day to Read, I've failed at even the simplest thing - reading a page. I wanted to, really I did. But I spent a whole day in an intense office retreat and then went to a concert (I read the program!) and at the end of it all my brain was mush. Mush mush mush.

I promise, tomorrow is DEFINITELY Day to Read for me! And no excuses about the dog eating my homework. But there will probably be a cat reading over my shoulder.

3 comments:

Candy said...

I read a ton, but the minute someone hands me something with words on it and says "You MUST read this," I lose my inability to actually decipher the letters. I hate being told to read something. Thus, despite being a voracious reader, I do not join book clubs. Takes all the magic out of it.

Jen said...

He ate mine, too. I have a link to send you... I have to remember to do it! And yes, to go back a few days - I usually make my own tomato sauce, but this was for folks who don't like to cook AT. ALL. I hope you have a good, relaxing weekend!

Jenn in Holland said...

The dog ate mine a little bit and then he spit it back out and I got something up this morning to report on the event at my house.

I have to admit, I am really excited to hear (at your convenience) just what you think of The Princess Bride!