Monday, January 28, 2008

Just a few questions


This post brought to you by Soccer Mom in Denial - posting every Monday on a different musical memory.


***********************************************************

If you were like any kid in the 80's, heck any kid today, you got a bit of your fashion advice from your favorite rock stars.

It's okay, you can tell me, you had the Flock of Seagulls haircut. How much hairspray did it take to keep that do going in all different directions? You don't need to run so far away when I ask that question.

Or maybe you modeled your hair after Heart? Tease me. Please. How big was the comb you used to get that frizz to perfection? These dreams don't scare me.

Did you show off your cute legs with a mini-skirt inspired by our favorite girl band the Go-Go's? You can tell me, my lips are sealed.

Don't worry, you can confess here. I won't tell anyone. I'm just sitting here typing away in my Madonna-inspired lace gloves. I know, I'm borderline insane.



7 comments:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Hahaha! Long live the 80s and Madonna!

soccer mom in denial said...

My hair was inspired by Molly Ringwald. As you will see this week it still is!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the 80s. Home of bad hair, bad dress and bad music. How I miss them. lol

Jenn in Holland said...

Hahahahahaha! This is brilliant! What a great post. And yes, I did have some very, very, very tall bangs...

Jen said...

I did the Heart hair and the Go-Gos mini-skirts and the Grace Jones shoulder pads! Yow!

Life As I Know It said...

Oh! I LOVED the Go-Go's!
Didn't they have an album cover with all of them waterskiing?

Wholly Burble said...

I was a mom in the eighties--with two boys, and a husband who all thought the best weekends were spent out in nature, fishing, hunting, camping--my hair was not inspired, it was a survivalist hair-do--Clothing Style--camouflage, and during hunting season, perfume "odor of doe in heat". And the top musical groups "Sesame Street's Hits". OK, maybe I did look a little like Oscar the Grouch--but I didn't mean it as a fashion statement . . .