Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Time Suck

As if there aren't too few hours in a day, here's how I've chosen to waste the ones that I have...

1. iTunes - hours of entertainment. especially when your friends have so many recommendations. also a great way to burn through lots of cash - in case you have suitcases full lying around

2. Facebook - really couldn't be a bigger waste. communicating with your husband via graffiti. how many friends can I accumulate in an hour so I can beat my sister in a popularity contest?

3. IM - when your family lives around the world, this can be a collossal vacuum of time. good thing they prohibit it at work or I'd be spending 8 hours a day trying to decipher my mother's shortand - cul8r!

4. The Daily Show - videos online. okay, not exactly a time suck since I do learn a lot about current events. but do I really need to catch up on what happened in 2003?

5. Kayak.com - how many fantasy vacations can you plan and never actually go on? hmmm... last count, 52. one per week. enough to keep me going back to the office.

Okay, I gotta go now and find another way to lose another evening...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the uselessness of Facebook, but before you completely disregard it, check out the Scrabulous application. You want a time suck? Try playing 10 simultaneous games of scrabble with people around the world. lol

As for John Stewart, well, I've never watched him on line, but I have my TiVo record him every night (there's no way I can stay up until 11) to watch the next day. Now that is a half hour well invested. ;)

Jen said...

Blogging is a good time suck for me. At least when I'm reading them I'm learning something, or giggling, or something.

I'm reading Water for Elephants right now, though, and it's magnificent.